Intact Genomics offers an outstanding work environment. Located at the newly renovated Helix Center, our workplace utilizes natural light and a comfortable work environment with great break rooms, and large conference rooms for meetings and seminars, and more importantly, up-to-date equipment and technologies.
We are located in Creve Coeur, a centrally located suburban, family-friendly community offering several attractive features, including national top rated public schools (Ladue School District) and continuing educational opportunities, close approximation to major highways, Lambert-St. Louis International Airport, outstanding research universities, and major business centers. We have free parking for all full-time and part-time employees.
Our employees are the key to our success. Intact Genomics offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, which includes a competitive salary, paid vacation days and holidays, United Healthcare health, dental and vision insurance, 401k plan with a 4% company match.
Intact Genomics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Intact Genomics is seeking a full-time research associate to join our innovative, dynamic team and contribute to the production and development of novel proteins and molecular biology reagents. In this position you will be responsible for completing the production of a wide variety of molecular biology proteins, from cell break through to final QC, participating protein related products development and improvement.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Purify a variety of molecular biology enzymes and proteins to support our growing product lines. Complete assays measuring key enzymatic activities, as well as standard protein characterization assays, protein/enzyme development pipeplines.
- Perform common molecular biology techniques such as E. coli, bacterial, and fungal cultures, protein/enzyme expression, DNA/RNA extractions, DNA/RNA purification, DNA cloning, PCR, and RT-qPCR, DNA sequencing including next-generation sequencing, etc.
- Execute inventory control of reagents, chemicals, and supplies using proper labeling and computerized systems.
- Prepare common buffers and reagents. Maintains lab order and cleanliness. Set-up, operate and maintain lab equipment.
- Collect and record experimental data. Participate in team meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- B.S. in biochemistry, protein biochemistry, biochemical engineering, or related field. Understanding of basic enzyme characterization techniques through relevant course work is strongly desired. 1 to 3 years of experience in protein purification or related biochemistry areas is preferred, but not required.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and English written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Attention to details and ability to meet deadlines.
- Highly self-motivated, ability to work independently and within a diverse team environment.
Intact Genomics offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, which includes a competitive salary, paid vacation days and holidays, United Healthcare health, dental, vision and life insurance, 401k plan with a 4% company match.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and two references to: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online at www.intactgenomics.com.
To download the pdf file, please click Research Associate Position.
To apply for part time positions and contract opportunities, please complete the Employment Application below and send it with a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com or to Intact Genomics, Inc. ATTN: HR.