Intact Genomics COVID-19 or SARS-CoV-2 Coronavirus detection kit is used for in vitro detection of SARS-CoV-2 using Real-Time quantitative PCR (RT-qPCR). igScript RT-qPCR products display wider dynamic range, superior sensitivity and specificity.
One Step RT-qPCR kit for SARSCoV-2 (COVID-19) detections
$489.00 – $2,195.00
For research use only. Not to be used for diagnostic purposes.
Intact Genomics COVID-19 or SARS-CoV-2 Coronavirus detection kit is used for in vitro detection of SARS-CoV-2 using Real-Time quantitative PCR (RT-qPCR). The coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 was announced as the etiological agent of cases of pneumonia outbreak in Wuhan City, China. This Coronavirus detection kit allows efficient cDNA synthesis and qPCR in a single tube. This probe based one step RTqPCR 2x master mix contains Reverse Transcriptase, Taq DNA polymerase, RNase inhibitor, MgCl2, dNTPs, stabilizers and low ROX reference dye with proprietary buffer providing improved RT-qPCR efficiency, wider dynamic range, superior sensitivity and specificity. In addition, the kit contains CDC recommended primers/ probe sets. This kit can be used to detect SARS-CoV-2 in respiratory specimens such as sputum, nasopharyngeal, oropharyngeal aspirates, washes or swabs and tracheal aspirates.
IgScript™ Reverse Transcriptase is a recombinant MMLV reverse transcriptase with reduced RNase H activity, increased thermostability and can produce cDNA from small amount of total RNA for real-time RT-qPCR analysis and other applications. Taq DNA Polymerase is a thermostable DNA polymerase that possesses a 5´→3´ polymerase (1, 2) and a 5´→3´ exonuclease activity (3, 4). The amplification step features a high quality Taq DNA Polymerase which offers robust, reliable and better amplification.
- RT-qPCR 2x master mix
- CDC recommended primer/probe sets
- COVID-19 positive control (PTC)
- Enhanced efficiency, specificity, and sensitivity
- Compatible with all real-time PCR instruments
–20 °C4223 4225
100 reactions (20 µl rxn vol), 500 reactions (20 µl rxn vol), 1000 reactions (20 µl rxn vol), 5000 reactions (20 µl rxn vol)
- Place kit components and RNA samples on ice.
- Mix and then centrifuge briefly to collect contents at the bottom of the tube.
- Prepare a master mix for each reaction and control requiring Reverse Transcriptase enzyme plus 10% extra to allow for pipetting error according to the following table:
- Mix the reaction mixture thoroughly.
- Program the thermal cycler according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- A typical PCR cycling program is outlined in the following table.
- Place the PCR tubes in the thermal cycler and start the cycling program.
- Analyze the data according to manufacturer protocol.
* For 3 step cycling protocols, anneal at optimal annealing temperature for 30 sec followed by the minimum time required for data acquisition at 72 ºC according to instrument guidelines.