T4 gp32 Protein is a single-stranded DNA binding protein required for T4 DNA replication, recombination, and repair (1, 2). It improves the efficiency of reverse transcriptase (RT) during RT-PCR (3), enhances T4 DNA polymerase activity (4), as well as increases the yield of PCR products (5).
The physical purity of this enzyme is ≥99% as assessed by SDS-PAGE with Coomassie® blue staining (Fig. 1).
- coli BL21 (DE3) strain expressing T4 gp32 gene.
- T4 gp32 protein
- 10X gp32 reaction buffer
1x GP 32 reaction buffer composition
20 mM Tris-acetate
100 mM Potassium acetate
10 mM Magnesium acetate
1 mM DTT
pH 7.8 @ 25ºC
50 mM Tris-HCl
50 mM KCl
1 mM DTT
0.1 mM EDTA
pH 7.5 @ 25ºC
65°C for 20 min
Quality Control assays
T4 gp32 protein is free from detectable nuclease activities.
- Chase, J. W. and Williams, K. R. (1986) Ann. Rev. Biochem. 55, 103-136
- Sinha, N. K. and Snustad, D. P. (1971) J. Mol. Biol. 62, 267-271.
- Baugh, L.R. et al. (2001). Nucl. Acids Res. 29, e29.
- Topal, M.D. and Sinha, N.K. (1983). J. Biol. Chem. 258, 12274-12279.
- Schwartz, K. et al. (1990). Nucl. Acids Res. 18, 1079.