Intact Genomics Taq DNA Polymerase with Dye is a thermostable DNA polymerase that possesses a 5´→3´ polymerase activity (1, 2) and a 5´ flap endonuclease activity (3, 4). This product is supplied with 10x PCR reaction buffer, containing MgCl2, which produces a final Mg2+ concentration of 1.5 mM. Ideal for primary extension reaction with DNA fragments having dA overhang on 3’ ends.
The physical purity of this enzyme is ≥98% as assessed by SDS-PAGE with Coomassie® blue staining (see figure below).
- coli strain expressing a Taq DNA Polymerase gene from Thermus aquaticus YT-1.
Taq DNA Polymerase with Dye Comparison Data
- Routing PCR cloning
- Primer extension
- Colony PCR
- Elongation efficiency 1.0-1.2 kb/min.
- Formulated for amplifying long target DNA.
- Efficient for amplifying high GC content DNA with Intact Genomics magic enhancer
- Taq DNA Polymerase with Dye
- 10x PCR Buffer with Mg2+
- 5x Magic Enhancer
- 10 mM dNTP (Cat. # 3242d, 3242d-04 only)
50 mM Tris-HCl, 50 mM KCl, 1 mM DTT, 0.1 mM EDTA, 50% Glycerol, pH 7.5 @ 25 ºC
10x PCR Buffer with Mg2+
100 mM Tris-HCl pH 8.0, 15 mM MgCl2, 100 mM KCl, 80 mM (NH4)2SO4, 0.5% Igepal CA 630
One unit is defined as the amount of enzyme that incorporates 10 nmoles of dNTP into acid-insoluble form in 30 minutes at 72 ºC.