FastAmp® Viral and Cell Solution for Covid-19 streamlines viral specimen collection and viral RNA preparation processes including sample collection, transport, maintenance, viral/cell lysis, and viral RNA stabilization.
FastAmp® Viral and Cell Solution for Covid-19 Testing
$300.00 – $5,100.00
For research use only. Not to be used for diagnostic purposes. Please contact us prior to purchase for more information on recommendations for testing and applications
Intact Genomics proprietary FastAmp® Viral/Cell Solution can be utilized for saliva/swab samples resulting in viral/cell lysis, and significantly simplifying this process. This solution streamlines viral specimen collection and viral RNA preparation processes including sample collection, transport, maintenance, viral/cell lysis, and viral RNA stabilization. After using the solution, the lysed viral RNA may be directly used in RT-qPCR, RT-isothermal DNA amplification, or any direct diagnosis kits for Covid-19 testing, without the need of an RNA extraction step.
FastAmp® Viral/Cell Solution for Covid-19 Testing can be used to detect SARS-CoV-2 in any type of respiratory specimens such as swabs, saliva, sputum, nasopharyngeal, oropharyngeal aspirates, washes or/and tracheal aspirates.
This solution allows for efficient viral sample collection, processing, and SARS-CoV-2 viral RNA preparation in a single tube. It makes Covid-19 testing simpler, faster, safer and more affordable.
FastAmp® Viral/Cell Solution
- No RNA extraction is needed
- Safe for sample transport and maintenance
- Speeds up the Covid-19 testing process
- Compatible with all type of viral specimens
- Compatible with different detection technologies
- Increased efficiency, specificity, and sensitivity
- Low toxicity to humans/environment
Storage Temperature: Room temperature
Functionally tested in RT-qPCR based on CDC recommended probe for activity, processivity, efficiency and sensitivity.
This kit is intended for Research Use Only (RUO). It has been repeatedly tested by Intact Genomics and other institutes, but not been tested and validated by any public health agency.
FastAmp® Viral and Cell Solution for Covid-19 Testing is useful for its unique ability to allow you to add saliva/swabs directly apply to RT-qPCR, RT-isothermal DNA amplification, or any direct diagnosis kits for Covid-19 testing without the need of RNA extraction/isolation. That will make your testing faster and more affordable.
Part of what also makes Intact Genomics FastAmp® Viral/Cell Solution for Covid-19 Testing an innovative product is the fact that it contains very low concentration of less toxic chemicals different from others. The CDC currently recommends viral lysis buffers and/or RNA extraction solutions from Qiagen, Roche, and other companies. These products are not only expensive, but also contain a high concentration of chemicals known to be toxic to humans and the environment
5.Blow JA, Dohm DJ, Negley DL, Mores CN (2004) Virus inactivation by nucleic acid extraction reagents. J Virol Methods 119:195-198.4631 4633
100 reactions (50mL), 2,000 reactions (1,000 mL)
- a) Collect a sample-saliva: ~300 µl of saliva.
b) Collect a sample-swab
- Resuspend the swab or 50 µl of saliva in the viral-lysis solution (500 µl) to obtain viral-lysis mixture.
- Keep the viral-lysis mixture at room temperature for 5 mins.
- Add 1~3 µl of viral-lysis mixture directly to optimized Intact Genomics igScriptTM One-step RT- qPCR kit for SARS-CoV-2 detection. The viral-lysis mixture can also be stored or transported for one month at room temperature, or long-term (months) at refrigerated temperature (-20°C or -80°C).